Current:Home > NewsArkansas woman pleads guilty to bomb threat against Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders -GrowthInsight
Arkansas woman pleads guilty to bomb threat against Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders
TradeEdge View
Date:2025-04-06 10:30:07
FORT SMITH, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas woman has pleaded guilty to felony charges after she threatened in a phone call to bomb the office of Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
Sebastian County Prosecuting Attorney Daniel Shue said Susan Scott, a 66-year-old Fort Smith woman, pleaded guilty Friday to threatening a catastrophe and second-degree battery of a police officer.
Scott was sentenced to the 78 days she had already served in the Sebastian County jail and a $2,500 fine. Sebastian County Circuit Judge R. Gunner DeLay also ordered Scott to have no contact with Sanders and her family or the officer who arrested Scott. The judge ordered Scott to complete an anger management class within the next 6 months.
Investigators said Scott made the threat on June 14 and continued to make threats against Sanders when officers arrested her at home. She was charged with battery because police said Scott resisted arrest, including kicking and head-butting an officer, and had been held in jail since then.
Shue said in a news release that sentencing guidelines recommended against prison time for Scott and that both Sanders and the police officer approved of the plea that didn’t require further incarceration. He said the officer wasn’t seriously injured and Scott “has no present ability to manufacture an explosive device, much less place and detonate an explosive device in the Office of the Governor.”
veryGood! (4)
Related
- Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
- A group of Norwegian unions says it will act against Tesla in solidarity with its Swedish colleagues
- 40+ Gifts for Mom That Will Guarantee You the Favorite Child Award
- Australian Parliament rushes through laws that could see detention of freed dangerous migrants
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Illinois scraps plan for building migrant winter camp due to toxic soil risk
- A Year in Power: Malaysian premier Anwar searches for support as frustration rises over slow reform
- Actors vote to approve deal that ended strike, bringing relief to union leaders and Hollywood
- Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
- Biden urges Congress to pass Ukraine aid package while expressing openness to Mexico border changes
Ranking
- North Carolina trustees approve Bill Belichick’s deal ahead of introductory news conference
- Biden’s campaign will not commit yet to participating in general election debates in 2024
- Bodies of 5 university students found stuffed in a car in Mexico
- The Excerpt podcast: Candidates get set for fourth Republican primary debate
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- AP PHOTOS: An earthquake, a shipwreck and a king’s coronation are among Europe’s views in 2023
- A new Dutch parliament has been sworn in after Wilders’ victory in the national election 2 weeks ago
- Chaos at a government jobs fair in economically troubled Zimbabwe underscores desperation for work
Recommendation
Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
2023 (Taylor’s Version): The year in pop culture
Taylor Swift Reveals Her Intense Workout Routine for the Eras Tour
Albania’s opposition speaks up at the Constitutional Court against ratifying migrant deal with Italy
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Taco Bell brings back double decker tacos after nearly year-long hiatus
NATO member-to-be Sweden and the US sign defense deal, saying it strengthens regional security
Biden backs Native American athletes' quest to field lacrosse team at 2028 Olympics